WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! I am SOOOO excited. We were placed on a waiting list to get Kaleb into Primary Children's Hospital and were told it would be April or May before we could even fill out the paperwork. But I truly felt inspired to call again and see on Monday. I was placed on hold as the 3rd caller in line. I was on hold for 45 MINUTES!! But I thought, if I'm only 3rd I don't dare hang up and call back. I'm so glad I didn't because caller #2 canceled their appointment which happens to be THIS MONDAY!!
So we're off to Primary's to beat this horrible awful thing called Autism and to have a bunch of tests run on his brain and to see if he is having seizures. We will be meeting with a team of pediatric neurologists who are actually doctors from the University of Utah. I'm so stinkin' excited!
Of course our medical bills are going to be huge because Medicaid and private insurance won't pay for a lot of the services Kaleb will need and has been getting, but I'm holding a Pampered Chef Fundraiser on February 9th, 2008 for any one who would like to donate or purchase products and the proceeds will help us pay for everything. I promise that what we don't need or wind up using will go to some kind of Autism Charity. I'm actually thinking of trying to found an Autism Organization and an Autism Center right here in Rexburg, for everyone in the area! If you have ideas or would like to donate to that let me know as well.
Wish us luck! We've worked hard for this moment and I'm just praying that they say this hard work is paying off!
THE WHITLOCK FAMILY
Life is a Journey. Learn to Enjoy each moment.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
...AND WE'RE OFF TO PRIMARY'S ON MONDAY!!
Labels: My World
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hi Beckah!! It's good to see you "online". How's everything going? Next time you're at Primary Children's, let us know if we can do anything for you - we live right by it.
Hey Beckah! It is good to hear from you. Your family looks so happy in all the pictures! Your little hero looks so much like you. Reading your blog it looks to me that your sweet boy was placed in the best hands possible. If there is one thing I know about you, it's that you are a fighter and will never give up until your boy has the best life he can possibly have. I know your heart, and your tenacity and you are one force to be reckoned with! If you need anything, please let me know and I seriously mean that. I have always cherished our times in Rexburg and would love to continue our friendship...even if we are thousands of miles apart! Love ya,
Gina
wow, how did it go? post some updates, woman - I'd love to hear how you all are doing!! ;0)
Post a Comment