THE WHITLOCK FAMILY
Life is a Journey. Learn to Enjoy each moment.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The BOYZ Books

It's amazing! In March Kaleb and Joshua went through this new alternative therapy called AIT...which is short for Auditory Intesive Therapy...or something like that. Anyhoo...it's 10 days back to back of listen to modulated frequencies of different types of songs in order to stimulate specific parts of the brain. It sounds like a hoax as many of these therapies often do...but we gave it a try and it's worked REALLY, REALLY well for us! The reason I'm telling you this is because in the past neither of my boys has ever been physically or mentally able to SIT long enough for me to read a book that has more then 3 pages or so. So I'm LOOVVVVINGGG the fact that they are WANTING me to sit with them and read books and it's bonding us so closely together! I love it! I thought I would share the books that my kids are reading through www.Shelfari.com and I've tagged our favorites with the little heart. You can see pictures of their books on the left hand column of this blog just underneath the pictures of the boys. If you run your mouse over the book it should give you the information about the book and the author. We just checked all of these books out from our local library.

Have fun reading this summer!!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

That's WONDERFUL!!! I"m so glad the therapy has shown such positive results. How exciting that they will sit and read with you, it's such a bonding experience :) feel free to check out my website- trobison.com

Lisa Robison